Every industrial software that is responsible for large-scale operations comes with an integrated search bar or tool that can provide the data requested by the customer in a short time. QuickBooks also comes with the ability to search. It is accessible through the magnifying glass symbol in the menu. Users can locate their reports, transactions as well as invoices, clients vendors, and so on. Simply by typing in an address. However, they are often complaining that QuickBooks search is not working and that it completely disrupts their routine. More details on this issue are described in the blog below.
These small issues are easily solved by a professional. Contact a professional by dialing the toll-free phone number 1-888-704-1357 any time.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Restore Failed
Common Causes of The QuickBooks Search Function not Working Error
- Below are listed the most frequently cited reasons behind that QuickBooks enterprise search error. Check them out.
- The settings for the date and time of the system aren’t the correct way to set dates and times.
- There’s a problem with this Windows Registry file.
- The firewall blocks QuickBooks from generating the data.
- The QuickBooks application is not updated.
- It appears that the QB Search Index file has been corrupted.
- These factors can be singled in the mind of the person using it in order to find the best solution to the issue. This can save time and effort on the side of the user.
What are the Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Search, not Working Error?
Below are the suggested solutions to eliminate this QuickBooks Desktop search not working error message.
Solution- 1: Rename the QuickBooks Search Index File
QuickBooks search is not able to produce any results if the index is corrupted. To repair the damage following the steps listed below.
- Get out of QuickBooks and then press to activate the Windows key.
- On the Search Bar enter *.Search Index, and then hit on the Enter key.
- In the folder for company, files Find the QB.SearchIndex file, and then right-click on it.
- Choose the Rename option. At the end of the name, include.PIU.
- Hit the Enter key to save the changes. Then launch QuickBooks and then open QuickBooks.
- Try using the search feature right now. If this does not work, try the next method.
Solution- 2: Update the QuickBooks Application
- Another way to fix the issue is to download the available update for the Quickbooks Desktop application.
- Close the company’s QuickBooks file and exit QuickBooks. QuickBooks application.
- Right-click the QB icon on your desktop and choose Run in Administrator mode.
- Go to the Help menu and then choose option Update Quickbooks option.
- Choose the updates you wish to download, then click the Get Updates button.
- Once the updates are downloaded after installation, you can install them and then try using the search function once more.
Read more: Reset QuickBooks admin password
After we have finished our article about the QuickBooks search issue that is not working We’d like to offer a final option to solve the issue to our readers. If following the steps above does not work contact the helpline number, 1-888-704-1357, and be assigned a QuickBooks ProAdvisor available to help you.