The Netgear AC1200 extender provides fast WiFi performance with dual-band AC technology and speeds of up to 1200Mbps. It works with most standard routers and utilizes both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands to extend your current WiFi signal. This range extender creates a dedicated FastLane connection to your router or modem for improved internet speed and overall network performance. The setup process for this device is easy to follow.
Netgear wifi extender Setup
There are two main methods to perform Netgear AC1200 extender setup using the installation assistant and via the WPS push button. Both methods are briefly outlined below:
Netgear AC1200 Extender Setup Using Installation Assistant
Follow the instructions mentioned below to install your Netgear AC1200 extender using the installation assistant:
- Initially, locate your extender in the same area as your current router.
- Power up the device by plugging it into a power source and turning it on.
- On your PC or laptop, open the WiFi manager and connect to the extender’s network.
- Open a Web Browser for the Setup Process.
- Head over to mywifiext.net web page or netgear default IP address.
- Upon request, enter your username and password for login.
- In case you are getting the ‘password and username is incorrect’ error after multiple login attempts, contact our expert technicians via chat or email.
- After completion, the Netgear installation assistant will appear.
- Walk through the on-screen steps and complete your Netgear AC120 extender setup.
Now, relocate the extender to the desired location in your home by unplugging it. Ensure that the extender is placed at a sufficient distance away from sources of radio interference such as microwaves, treadmills, washing machines, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, and refrigerators
To boost your WiFi with the Netgear extender, reconnect all your wired and wireless devices to the newly created extended WiFi network.
Netgear AC1200 Extender Configuration via WPS Button Method
If the above setup method is challenging for you, don’t fret! There’s an alternate option using the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button on the Netgear AC1200.
To set up your Netgear AC1200 extender using WPS:
- Place the extender in an optimal location and turn it on.
- Press the WPS button on the device.
- The WPS LED light will start blinking, indicating that the extender is connecting with the router.
- Once the three solid green lights appear on the extender, the configuration process is complete.
- If no LED light is visible on the extender, seek assistance from our experts.
- If your router supports the 5GHz band, repeat the above steps to connect the extender to the 5GHz band.
- Once finished, relocate the extender to any desired location in your home.
Congratulations! Your Netgear AC1200 extender has been successfully set up and installed. Connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to its network to enjoy uninterrupted internet coverage throughout your home, including the backyard.
Problems during setting up Netgear wifi extender
- The mywifiext.net site is not functioning normally.
- The Netgear extender is unable to detect the router.
- Unable to access www.mywifiext.net.
- No internet connection on the Netgear extender.
- The Netgear extender ceased operation after a power outage.
- Unable to update the firmware on the Netgear extender.
- Issues resetting the Netgear AC1200.
- The Netgear extender stopped working after updating the firmware.
Troubleshooting Solutions for Problems During Netgear AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup
- Ensure the Ethernet cable connecting your extender and router is securely connected and free of any cuts.
- Place the extender close to your current router during setup.
- Update your web browser to its latest version before accessing mywifiext.net.
- Verify that your modem, extender, and router are receiving sufficient power.
- Double check your login information when accessing the mywifiext default web address.
- Make sure the power outlet being used for your extender is functioning properly.
- During configuration, keep the AC1200 extender away from appliances that may interfere with its WiFi signal, such as microwaves, cordless phones, metal objects, Bluetooth devices, and aluminum studs.
If none of the troubleshooting steps helped resolve your Netgear AC1200 extender setup problem, don’t worry! Simply reach out to our experienced technicians for a quick and effective solution to any issues you may be facing with your device setup.