Sure, it is. SPC vinyl is an upgrade to the traditional vinyl plank and tile flooring with remarkable features and great functionality. SPC is primarily a type of luxury vinyl flooring with a stone composite core. It is a perfect alternative for floors that experience heavy foot traffic and exposure to constant dust, heat, moisture, and other weather factors.
SPC flooring is a rigid-core vinyl flooring that is one of the most durable and waterproof flooring options available in the market. SPC stands for either Stone Polymer Composite or Stone Plastic Composite which implies the make-up of the core. The core formation of the SPC flooring makes it incredibly robust and durable.
The stone-plastic core of the SPC vinyl flooring is manufactured in four or five layers with a backing layer made of foam or cork. The backing layer is provided to ensure comfort and insulation in the space. As compared to WPC flooring, SPC floors are thinner since stone is denser than wood.
Advantages of SPC Vinyl Flooring
SPC vinyl flooring is a popular and most preferred type of flooring choice among homeowners due to the following benefits that it offers:
- Ultra Durability – To everyone’s surprise, SPC floors can last upto years if maintained properly. There are varied quality grades available in the SPC flooring category that offer comfort and resistance against scratches and surface damage. Also, the premium range of SPC flooring with multiple layers exhibits natural soundproofing qualities.
- Easy to Install – SPC flooring is extremely easy to install and demands minimal usage of tools and gadgets. The SPC floor tiles or planks snap together like laminate boards and do not necessarily require an even subfloor. With minimal hassle, you can get done with floor installation within a day or two.
- Affordable – Compared to other hardwood floorings, SPC floors are much more affordable and give the same wood-like effect you desired. Besides the economic cost of the floors, the installation and maintenance cost of SPC flooring is also less, making it a cost-effective flooring alternative to wood flooring.
- Resistant to Stains & Water – SPC flooring is well-known for being highly resistant to stains and water. The wear layer of the flooring acts as a protective layer against stains and spillages. Once installed properly, the SPC floors do not let moisture or water seep through making them resistant to water.
- Easy to Maintain – SPC floors are ideal for homes that experience heavy traffic and are not regularly cleaned. It is a call of relief for those who do not have the time to clean the floors all day long. The smooth and squeaky clean-looking surface of the SPC flooring is easy to clean and resistant to stains. In case any tile is found broken or damaged, it can be replaced individually without having to replace the entire floor.
SPC Floors Installation Ideas
Thanks to technology and advances in the home decor segment, there are various new options developed each day that aims to deliver in terms of functionality and appeal. Be it versatile flooring materials like SPC or stylish kast basins, home decorators now have multiple choices to pick from.
SPC floors are ideal for different areas in a domestic setup owing to their high durability and resistance properties. And the best part? Homeowners no longer have to compromise with their existing interior decor and color schemes in their houses. SPC vinyl flooring is now available in a variety of color, design, and texture options, making them suitable for different home designs.
The Following are Some Common Spaces that You can Consider for SPC Floor Installation:
- Bedrooms: SPC floors can add warmth and elegance to your bedroom spaces. The floor designs in the bedroom should be well-thought while keeping other design and color elements in mind. SPC floors assure no cold floors in the morning while being soundproof to some extent.
- Living spaces: Since the living room is the center of the house that is also responsible for making the first impression on the guests, the floors in these spaces should be luxurious and reflect good vibes. SPC flooring is ideal in living spaces as they ensure durability for long usage and are easy to clean. Also, the chances of slipping are minimal on SPC floors.
- Kitchens – Kitchen areas can be another perfect area for SPC floor installation as these areas are prone to frequent spills, stains, and damage. The SPC floor surfaces are highly resistant to water and stains and can be easily cleaned using a wet mop. Homeowners don’t have to put extra effort into the maintenance of these floors. Also, hygiene and fireproofing are other vital features of SPC flooring which makes them suitable for kitchens.
If you’re looking for a flooring option that offers high durability, resistance, and appeal, SPC vinyl flooring is the right choice for you! Explore the diverse range of SPC flooring to find the ideal flooring for your house.
Photo by Curtis Adams: https://www.pexels.com/photo/brown-armchairs-with-throw-pillows-on-the-sofa-11018290/