Bulk SMS is one among the most effective communication types available to marketers. Bulk SMS service providers provide the SMS marketing texts instead of alerts or notices. For example, an offer provided by a pizza seller through text to a large number of its customers can be defined as a bulk SMS.
Factors to check before you choose a Bulk SMS Service Provider
You should consider checking a few things before choosing a Bulk Sms website. The things are mentioned below:
- Use of SMS grey routes – try to ensure that the SMS company you choose has a tier 1 direct-to-network connection that uses a reputable and well-reviewed SMS accumulation. This system will ensure that the Bulk SMS delivery is the fastest and most secure.
- Expiry of SMS credit: It is surprising but true that many companies will only remove your SMS credits if they are well used. This information is hidden in the terms and conditions but is generally not noticed. It would be best if you were responsible enough to check these things before agreeing to work with them.
- Payment for Undelivered text – mostly, all the companies charge for a failed text even when they don’t charge themselves. But some companies don’t charge for undelivered or forgotten texts.
- Clean SMS pricing – many companies offer attractive low-cost-per-text offers for new customers, but they increase at a significant level as soon as you wish to purchase for the second type. You should know for sure how many SMS credits you need to send a text. While sending the SMS credit locally, the rates differ much more than when you wish to send it internationally.
- Support and Documentation: Knowing how much support you should expect from the supplier is necessary. The doubts regarding customer support should be clear, open, and easily understood by non-technical people.
- Message length – a standard message has b160 characters, including the spaces used. If your text is lengthy, remember that more than 1 SMS credit will be charged.
- GSM character set – most of the Bulk SMS service provider companies use the GSM character set to send messages. This standard set of characters bounds the most common letters and symbols. If any other characters are used apart from the known ones, the message might be received in a Unicode format. Only try to copy and paste from words, as many characters look correct despite being correct.
Things that a Bulk SMS marketing should contain
The messages sent to the customers must be modest and uncomplicated. But at the same time, it may contain all the elements that make a campaign persuasive. Probable things that can make the message convincing are –
- Customer Name
- Vehicle or a product description
- Registration number
- Nearest available centers
Most of the industries use SMS as a source of marketing. But this is mainly used by the leisure sector. We hope this article will help you judge before you purchase any Bulk SMS service provider for better company returns.