The Paytm HDFC Bank credit card is a co-branded credit card that offers cashback on your Spend with Paytm. It also offers benefits such as a free credit period, zero cost liability, fuel surcharge waiver, and other milestone and welcome benefits. This variant is one of three co-branded cards that HDFC Bank has launched with Paytm. The other two variants are the Paytm HDFC Bank Credit Card and the Paytm HDFC Bank Mobile Credit Card.
Features and Benefits
Welcome Benefits: New benefits! All new Paytm Users who use this card take at least one transaction of Rs. 100 with it will receive a free Paytm First Membership. This is an exclusive loyalty program that includes tons of perks; you won’t find it anywhere else.
Cashback: Why choose this HDFC Bank credit card? With the following cashback benefits, you’ll earn:
- Earn 3% for all your purchases including movies, malls, and our mini app.
- Create an account now and you’ll get 2% cashback on all Paytm spends.
- 1% cashback on retail purchases.
Note: Paytm cashback is only applicable for purchases where the cashback offer is running. Paytm does not give cashback for wallets, fuel transactions, or EMIs. When you convert your Paytm cashback to vouchers, it expires in 30 days.
Milestone Benefits: Every time you spend Rs. 10,000 per month on non-EMI transactions, you will get 1% cashback. This is capped at Rs. 100 per month, so that’s up to 12 months’ worth of cashback.
Other Benefits: We offer a range of benefits, some of which are:
- If you’re looking to take care of your family, you can get as many as 4 complimentary add-on cards. This way, everyone in your household will have access to some of the same deals you enjoy.
- You can keep your money safe with zero lost card liability, so if you lose your card, there’s no way someone can be liable for any fraudulent transactions.
- We’ll waive the 1% fuel surcharge for fuel transactions, with a minimum transaction of Rs. 400 and a maximum cashback of Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
- If you don’t find the perfect foundation for your skin, you can always return it! We offer a 50-day interest-free credit period for all makeup returns, so you can buy with confidence.
- When you spend more than Rs. 5,000 in one month on your card, you get a monthly fee waiver for the month
- This credit card allows you to make contactless payments at many retail stores without the use of a PIN or signature.
- You can get EMIs on your credit card for little to no cost when you have a Paytm HDFC Bank account.
Should you get the Paytm HDFC Bank Credit Card?
Paytm HDFC Bank Credit Card is a co-branded credit card that offers various benefits. However, the cashback benefits of this card seem more like those of a co-branded card instead of a cashback credit card. The cashback benefits are not entirely generic but are limited to transactions done on Paytm and via Paytm.
In other words, this credit card is worth considering only when you make a lot of online purchases on Paytm. If you’re not a major Paytm customer and are simply looking for cashback benefits, look out for cards that offer more extensive rewards. And if you’re looking for exclusive benefits with Paytm, including access to exclusive offers and savings, then HDFC Bank’s Paytm Select Credit Card would be a better choice. However, if fees are important to you and your budget is tight, you can opt for the HDFC Bank Mobile Credit Card.