Many factors influence the purchase of a toilet bowl cleaner. These could be dampness, lack of direct sunlight, or small or enclosed space. Whatever the reason, your toilet is the area in your home festering germs, fungi and pathogens the most.
This means that the toilet, particularly the bowl, needs regular cleaning. Regular use of a high-quality cleaner and disinfectant is one of the best ways to keep the toilet bowl clean and prevent the spread of disease-causing germs.
One of the most commonly used toilet bowl cleaners and disinfectants in Indian households is the Harpic Power Plus Max toilet cleaner.
What makes Harpic a preferred choice for cleaning toilet bowls? Let’s take a look.
What do you need in your toilet cleaner?
Different people have different requirements; common ones include –
ü Strong disinfectant properties
ü Stain removal
ü Ease of use
A powerful toilet cleaner like Harpic is designed to kill 99.9% of germs with a single application. Moreover, it offers ten times the cleaning and protection. This is the key requirement for most people looking forward to keeping their families protected from disease-causing germs.
Dark patches and stains on toilet bowls can be removed using a powerful toilet cleaner and a brush. Similarly, the harder-to-reach areas under the rims are the places where fungi and germs tend to grow. Again, an easy-to-use package or bottle helps clean these out.
A fragrant toilet cleaner helps keep toilets smelling fresh and clean. Harpic Power Plus 10x Max, for example, is available in Clean, Rose, Orange, and Lemon fragrances. Harpic toilet cleaners are price effective and give a clean, fresh toilet.
What does Harpic contain?
A common query that most people have is about the ingredients that go into producing the Harpic toilet cleaner. So here is the ingredient list that goes into your trusted household disinfectant –
• Hydrochloric Acid
• Hydroxy Ethyl Oleylamine
• Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride
• Methyl Salicylate
• Butylated Hydroxy Toulene
Hydrochloric acid, one of the main ingredients in Harpic, is popularly used in cleaners. Not only is the acid perfect for removing bacteria, viruses, and fungi, but also the perfect chemical to clean out lime deposits caused by the use of hard water.
HydroxyEthyl Oleylamine is an ingredient that makes for good wall adhesion and cleaning without any abrasions. It is known for its disinfectant properties as well.
Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride is a well-known cationic surfactant and antiseptic that helps clean out stains effectively.
How to Use Your Harpic Toilet Cleaner?
The safest and most effective way to use a toilet cleaner like Harpic Power Plus is to follow these steps –
• Hold the bottle or container with one hand, press the cap of the Harpic Power Plus with your other hand and twist counter-clockwise to open.
• Squeeze the toilet cleaner bottle to squirt the liquid throughout the bowl and under the rims.
• The easy-spread formula forms a thin film of Harpic Power Plus throughout the bowl.
• Leave the toilet cleaner to work for 15-20 minutes.
• Brush lightly with a toilet brush. Clean thoroughly from the rims to the U-bend.
• Flush the toilet bowl and wash the brush before putting it away.
There are some basic safety precautions that you must take when using a strong toilet cleaner like Harpic Power Plus Max Toilet Cleaner.
• Do not touch the toilet cleaner liquid with your hands. Instead, use the bottle to squeeze out the liquid as directed on the label.
• Always use a non-metal brush to clean the toilet bowl.
• Wash your hands thoroughly after cleaning the toilet with a toilet cleaner.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse plenty of water and contact a doctor.
• Do not store Harpic toilet cleaner with food or groceries.
• Do not mix your toilet cleaner with bleach or any other detergents. If mixed, it may release chlorine gas.
What should I know before I pick a toilet cleaner?
The Harpic toilet cleaner’s price and effectiveness make it a great alternative to detergents, acid, bleach, and phenyl. Its smooth-spreading properties make it perfect for cleaning, unlike abrasive powders that could leave scratches on the toilet bowl. Always read the labels and use your toilet cleaner as per the directions. Regular use keeps your toilet clean, and your family protected.