“I would like to transfer MBOX files into Outlook 365 but fails to import. Please can help me solve this issue. What can I do to resolve this issue? how can I find a solution to this problem ?“
“I’m trying to move MBOX out of Mac OSX 10.10 to Outlook 2016. I’m trying to import MBOX files to a different laptop running Outlook 2016. I haven’t found a way to transfer inbox messages into Outlook“
Here are some of the people’s queries regarding MBOX that are having issues imports to Outlook versions. This article was designed to assist you to learn how for importing MBOX files into Outlook.
MBOX is a format for files that are supported by numerous email applications, including Mozilla Thunderbird Eudora, Apple Mail, MS Outrage, PowerMail, and many more. However, there is a challenge that is when you can’t use the identical formatting (MBOX) information in Office 365 Outlook (or any other version of Outlook)-then you’ll need to convert it into PST or directly transfer it onto Office 365.
Users want to transfer MBOX files to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, or the 365 version of Outlook. The main problem is how to add MBOX File into Outlook. To resolve this issue for our users take a look at an effective solution to upload MBOX files into the Outlook mail client.
It is crucial to know the reason that led to the movement. First, let’s look at the motives.
Why is it necessary to import MBOX files?
- MBOX format is platform-dependent.
- Locking issues with files exist in MBOX.
- Network file systems are not working properly.
- MBOX format is susceptible to corruption.
This is one of the MBOX negatives that force users switch to other email applications like Outlook. There are a few significant features of Outlook listed below that are well-loved by the users:
What is the reason why Outlook is so important?
- Microsoft Outlook has the latest features that are needed by organizations.
- To ensure that no spam email is sent, Microsoft Outlook offers the anti-spam feature.
- It protects the password used to encode emails. It encrypts items, which protects emails from spammers and hackers.
- Users can create notes, manage events, tasks, etc. through a calendar feature that is a unique feature of Outlook.
Let’s see the ways for converting MBOX into Outlook. There are two different types of solutions:
- Manual solution
- Direct Solution
Manual Solution To Transfer Gmail to Outlook
The solution is explained in two sections: First, transfer Gmail from Thunderbird and the second part is to transfer Gmail from MBOX into Outlook.
I. To add Gmail to Mozilla Thunderbird
To begin, follow the steps listed below one at a time to configure Thunderbird using a Gmail account:
On Gmail Account
- Log into Gmail to access your Gmail Account.
- Click on the gear icon and beneath the Gmail page, open your Gmail setting.
- Choose options for Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select the Enable IMAP option.
- Finally, configure your IMAP account, and then select Save Changes.
On Thunderbird Client
- On your system, install and launch Thunderbird. Enter your name as well as email address and password to sign in to your Thunderbird Account To begin the process, click on Proceed button to add MBOX into Outlook.
- Make sure to enable the IMAP checkbox and then find the manual configuration procedure.
- Complete all information required in these areas:
Outgoing: imap.gmail.com/Port or 993 (SSL) or 143
Exit: smtp.gmail.com / Port: Either 465 or 25 (SSL)
- Select the reset button.
- If you’ve filled in the correct details, your task is complete. Once you have completed this, click the Create a New Account.
- Then, from Thunderbird, you can confirm your Gmail account. After this, you are able to open all email messages.
- Then, Drag and Drop the MBOX file into Gmail inbox to upload MBOX File into Outlook through Gmail.
II. Through Gmail Import MBOX to Outlook
Follow these steps to set up Outlook mail to a Gmail account:
- Click on your file menu followed by clicking the Add Account option.
- The dialog box should pop up and you can choose a selection from there to manually modify server settings or select additional server types and click the Next button.
- Visit the Internet Email option, and then click the Next button.
- In the dialogue box, enter your name email address, name, and password.
- Select IMAP choice to create an IMAP mail account under Account Type.
- Type imap.gmail.com and for the outgoing server, you can type smtp.gmail.com for the Incoming server, then click “More” in the Settings option.
- Select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the Outgoing Server that requires authentication.
- Choose “Use the Same Server Settings” option “Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server option” and in the section titled Incoming Server Port enter the port number as 993.
- Select “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection” and after that, set your SSL kind of encryption to the IMAP mailbox account.
- Under the port of the server to which you are outgoing, type the value 587 and then change the encryption type for encryption to “TLS”. Then click the “OK” button to close the dialog box.
- Select “Test Account Setting” as the test account setting option to test the settings for your account.
- You will then receive an error message that reads “your account settings are correct”. To end the dialog box, click the next button.
- Finally, you’ll receive all your data in Outlook within your Gmail profile. Profile.
Note: When you have both Thunderbird and Outlook installed on your system and set up via Gmail fake account, then only this manual method will perform.
Direct Solution Import MBOX to Outlook 365
If you do not want to use manual solutions since it takes a lot of time, more complicated. We are here to assist you, an easy solution to directly for importing MBOX files into Outlook can be MBOX Converter.
MBOX Converter is a multi-functional program that works with more than 20 email clients that utilize the MBOX files in their format. It has a simple interface that improves user experience during the process it comes to MBOX to PST conversion. It can directly import MBOX files into Outlook PST format without any data loss.
There are many benefits when using Outlook to use as an email client. However, users face certain issues when they import MBOX in Outlook versions, so this article will provide some suggestions to resolve the issue. To assist users, we have provided the process of importing MBOX into Outlook 365, 2016, 2007, 2010, and any other version. Users can choose any of the options, however, If anyone is looking for a quick solution for converting MBOX in Outlook then choose an easy solution as we have described in the previous paragraphs.