Math is never easy, especially when you have to perform page long calculations. Now experts have come up with a solution. They say that calculations can be made easy using the Vedic math technique.
But what is Vedic math, and how can it make calculations any easier? Is that even a legit solution? Read on to find out.
What Is Vedic Maths?
For a very long time, there was a constant debate on whether or not there is anything scientific in the Vedas. Even today, some intellects disagree that Vedas has any kind of scientific contribution.
Other Blog We have : Installation Guide for Canon Printer Wireless Setup
But amidst all conflicts, slowly yet steadily, the importance of Vedic maths is coming to light. Mathematicians and scholars are giving their best efforts to popularise the practices of Vedic math.
- Vedic maths is a set of techniques and formulas that help perform mathematical calculations in a faster and easier way.
- Experts say that these techniques and the consequent formulas can be used to solve different arithmetic, algebraic, geometric and even calculus problems.
- Founded by Jagadguru Shri Bharathi Krishna Tirthaji, this type of mathematics uses different terms to refer to techniques, formulas and sub-formulas. The techniques or the formulas are referred to as ‘ Sutras ‘, whereas the sub-formulas are known as ‘sub- sutras’.
- Jagadguru discovered this concept of mathematics between A.D.1911 and 1918. He then framed all his findings in the book named ‘Vedic Mathematics Book by Tirthaji Maharaj”.
As known, Tirthaji’s main intention was to make math calculations less complex and less time-consuming. It seems like he was right. Because many scholars after him have acknowledged that using Vedic math tricks and the appropriate sutra has helped them perform calculations 10 -15 times faster than normal.
According to the book written by Tirthaji – there are two types of sutras.
- The general sutras, applicable to all kinds of data set
- The specific sutras are applicable only in the case of specific sets of data.
Get the samples of the
Features Of Vedic Math
- Integrity – All the formulas are related to one another. This means that one single formula can solve numerous calculations. Hence, making calculations way easier to understand. For example, there are sutras in Vedic math that can be used for both general multiplications and divisions.
- Simplicity – It is the uniqueness of Vedic math that simplifies mathematical calculations. For example, the multiplications having 5-6 steps can be done in a single step.
- Creativity – Vedic math allows you to believe that there is more than one way to solve a sum. It encourages students to find better and unique ways of solving a particular problem.
- Faster results – Vedic math highly abides by the practice of mental calculations. Since the steps are simpler, you can very easily calculate them in your mind. Believe it or not, this will save a lot of time for you, thereby enhancing your productivity.
- Intuitional abilities – Constantly practising Vedic math techniques make students become more confident. Also, it helps them be more competent, boosting their intuitional capabilities.
- Memory and concentration – Since mental calculations is the main strategy used in Vedic math, there is a lot of brainstorming. It is found that such constant functioning of the brain helps students improve their memory potential and concentration.
- Application area – Vedic math can easily cover all the topics related to mathematics. Starting from arithmetic operations up to even calculus and analytical astronomy, it covers up everything.
- Innovation – Vedic math gives scope to mathematics scholars to use the sutras and blend them with modern math techniques to form certain innovative math tricks.
Now, as you know what Vedic math is and all about its features, let’s have a look at the benefits of using Vedic math.
Download the samples of fit1043 Assessment Answers
Benefits Of Using Vedic Math
- A student needs to be more and more attentive to make calculations faster. Vedic math helps students improve their concentration. Additionally, it helps them boost their confidence on the subject as well.
- With Vedic math, students just need to learn tables up to 9. They can memorize the rest in a breeze. Performing long multiplications also take a few seconds.
- Vedic math helps students understand the subject better. It helps students learn about math and its properties using different unconventional techniques.
- With crystal-clear knowledge of the basics of Vedic math, a student can solve any number of problems based on their intuition.
- The most interesting fact about using Vedic math is that, in this case, a student uses both the left and right parts of the brain. This develops their skills of solving mathematical problems in the most incomparable ways.
- The 16 ‘sutras’ used in Vedic math are completely rational. Hence using them saves a lot of time. This helps the students tremendously during the competitive tests. It makes the calculation part faster and more convenient.
Final Thoughts – Hopefully, the above discussion gives you a clear insight into how Vedic math is beneficial for students. Though these techniques are not a part of the usual regular educational curriculum, it is more student-friendly. A certain number of scholars believe that Vedic maths will help students overcome their fear of math. They are also trying to bring out new innovative techniques inspired by Vedic math techniques to make math learning easier.
About the Author – Amie Jacobs, a former professor, has recently joined our team of MyAssignmenthelp.com. She has recently retired from her chemistry assignment help services and wants to use her leisure days to help students in whichever way possible. She is deadline centric and very particular about the quality of her work.